Creating a Program
The first step in setting up your storefront is adding content, you do this by creating a program and adding content to each program.
To Create a New Program please follow these steps below:
- Go to Programs menu on the toolbar.
- Click on Add new program.
- You'll notice creating your program is as simple as completing 4 easy steps: General, Upload, Structure and Publish.
Step 1 - General
- Title - Enter a title for your program.
- Description - Enter a brief description for your program.
- Main poster - Upload a main poster for your program, recommended resolution is PNG or JPG file @ 720x480.
Pro Tip: If you need additional help on how to create program poster please reference our other tutorial on Creating Thumbnails.
- Categories - A category is a group of programs. Programs can be easier organized by categories.
- Click on Next (blue button) to go to the 2nd step Upload.
Step 2 - Upload
Upload files to your program using the different upload methods available below. You can learn more about bulk video uploading here.
- Browse to upload your content from your computer: bulk upload video, audios, images, PDFs, text and more.
- To sync with Wistia please follow this article.
- To sync with Vimeo please follow this article.
- Once you upload your content click Next (blue button) to move on to the 3rd step: Structure.
Step 3 - Structure
- New Section - On Structure you can organize your program menu by adding 'Sections'
- Drag & drop uploads to rearrange your program menu items.
- Further Edit the videos and other files to customize: title, description, enable/disable file download, change video thumbnail, add subtitles and make it available for free or after purchase. For more details on Edit please check this article.
- Once finished click Next (blue button on the bottom right) to move forward to the 4th and last step Publish.
Step 4 - Publish
- Pricing - In order to receive payments, you must connect your payment gateway account. Stripe or Uscreen Gateway, to learn about the differences click here.
- Authors - You can choose or create new authors to assign to your programs. (This is optional).
- Publication status - Uscreen allows the following publication statuses for you to choose from:
- Unpublished - choose to leave the program unpublished so that only admin can have access to it.
- Published - choose to publish it once Finished.
- Scheduled - choose to schedule a release date for your program. Fill in an optional Subject and Text Message for your followers to inform them about the new program.
- Once done click Finish (blue button in the bottom right corner)
- Your program is now published, learn how to preview your program by clicking here.