Set your own Domain Name
Setting up a custom domain allows customers to see your Uscreen content on your own website. You may choose to have Uscreen be your entire website or use a subdomain like tv.yourwebsite.com or courses.yourwebsite.com or any other domain such as yourdomain.com Learn more about linking to another website and having Uscreen be your video site here.
Setting up a custom domain requires editing some settings on your hosting provider but the process is similar across the different providers.
To set up a Custom Domain name for your site please follow the next steps:
- Choose Settings and General submenu from the left toolbar.
- Scroll down to Your Domain Name Setup section.
- For this example we'll use the domain name www.video.com
NOTE: You can also create subdomains like: lms.video.com or svod.video.com. In our example we will use www because that requires a couple of additional steps.
- Open your GoDaddy account to Domains list. Select the desired domain from the list you would like to edit and click on DNS.
- Under Records click on Add.
- For the record Type choose CNAME from the drop down menu.
- For the Host name use the subdomain field from Uscreen www that we had previously setup.
- For the Points to field input dns.uscreen.io this address you can take it from Uscreen Custom Domain Name.
- Set up TTL duration and then click on Save.
NOTE: TTL is optional and stands for time to live. Choose the lowest setting if this field is available.
- On Uscreen admin enter your Custom Domain Name and click on Save Changes.
NOTE: Last step is Forwarding which allows your customers to get to your website without inputting the www (the subdomain) for eg they could access it just by loading domain.com
- Under Forwarding - Domain click ADD.
- Make sure that Forward to has the same address as in Uscreen.
- Keep the default settings for Forward Type: Permanent(301) and Settings: Forward only and then click on Save.
- You're all set. It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.