Before you get started it's a good idea to read some nerdy jargon around best practices on video quality.
Video compression reduces a video's file size to improve upload and playback speed without negatively impacting video resolution, at least that's the goal. For the best upload and playback experience in Uscreen, we recommend following these video encoding and compression guidelines prior to uploading:
- Format MP4 (file extension .mp4)
- 1080p/2K or smaller - Videos less than 2048x1152p are considered standard
- 8Mbps or less - bit rates higher than 8Mbps can cause playback issues for viewers
- H.264 video codec - the most common codec and supported by almost every device
- 10-second max keyframe interval
- 20 fps - 60 fps
- 8-bit 4:2:0 or less
- Closed GOP (group of pictures)
Please note that large, uncompressed files or files in the wrong format like FLV or M4V may not upload properly and can get stuck in transcoding.
You can read our tips on how to make file sizes smaller without losing quality, here.
To make your videos available in your catalog you'll need to give them a category.