Coupon codes are a great way to provide discounts to potential customers for:
- Content (live events, videos, and collections)
- All Products (will apply a blanket discount to any purchase made on your storefront but only for one billing cycle in the event of subscriptions)
Coupons you create have a discount amount that can be either a fixed amount or percentage based.
You can add Redemption limits that set a date in which the coupon expires, or a total number of times that the coupon can be redeemed.
- By default, a coupon code can only be redeemed once per user. Please consider this before running promotional ads encouraging end-user to apply the same coupon code to multiple transactions, as a given coupon code may only be redeemed once per user.
- If you want to create a recurring discount (meaning, a discount that applies to more than one billing cycle), you must select the type Subscription when setting up the coupon code and the correct duration for which you wish the discount to be applied correctly, as you cannot edit this once you've finished creating the coupon code.
- Subscriptions can only have one coupon code applied per user. If you plan to offer future discounts on subscriptions to users who are already subscribed and have already redeemed a coupon code for their subscription, you will have to perform manual steps in the admin area to delete the subscription from the user, re-subscribe the user, change their next payment date, then apply a new coupon code. We advise against this, but if you are considering short-term discounts (ie. for only 3 billing cycles) with the intention of running a promotion with another coupon code in the future, please be advised this will create extra work for your team to accomodate this. We recommend that you create a long-term coupon code to avoid unnecessary complications.