This is our recommended workaround to accommodate 'Group Subscriptions'.
Selling group subscriptions where the different groups to have access to certain content (not all content) can be accomplished using the method below.
- Step 1: create a private subscription and share the private link with the [organization] - this is how you will charge the organization
- Step 2: create a private bundle and assign all content to that bundle - this is how you will grant access to the organization's members
- Step 3: create a coupon with 100% discount and link it to the private bundle - this is how you will enable the organization's members to create their own accounts and gain access to the content without being charged directly
Once the [organization] has purchased the private group subscription, you will give them the link to the private bundle and the coupon code and they can distribute that information among their [members]. [The members] will go to the private bundle link and use the coupon code to get access to the content. If the [organization] ends the subscription, you will only need to delete the bundle.
Note: every time you add new content to your site, you will have to assign any new content you add to the bundle: Bundles > Edit > click on green circle with “assign content” > click on the blue “assign all” button > Finish
Selling group subscriptions publicly on your website.
- First: Create a page where a company can request a company plan via an online form. Here is how you can make the form and add it as a page on your website. What you will need from them is their company name, their contact email, and how many employees they want to purchase access for. All of the requests on the form will go to your email where you will have all of the information to create their private company subscription plan.
- Second: Make sure to add that new page to a navigation menu here so people can find it. You can title it "Apply for a Company Subscription Plan"
- Third: From the information provided on the form you can create a private company plan here. Make sure to price the subscription according to the # of employees they are paying for. So if they are paying for 10 employees and an individual membership costs $10 a month. You could price the plan at 10 x 10 = $100/mo. You can also set up an annual subscription, depending on how you want to be paid. It's also advised that you name the subscription in a way that you know which company it's for. This way you can easily check which users belong to which company. It also means that when the company terminates the subscription with you, all you need to do is delete the private subscription and all users will instantly loose access to the content.
- Fourth: Once you've created a subscription plan for them, you can share the URL link to private subscription with the company to purchase on behalf of their clients. Find the URL link to the private subscription plan in your subscription tab using the arrow button next to the subscription name.
- Fifth: Once the company pays for the plan- you can create a 100% off coupon code for their employees. Here is how you create a coupon. When creating the coupon you can title the code as the company name, make it 100% off, apply it on the relevant private monthly/annual subscription plan, put duration in as forever (this way they do not need to put card details in at checkout), and limit the # of redemptions to the # of employees the company paid for.
- Sixth: All you do next is share the coupon code and the URL link to the private subscription with the company so they can give it to their employees.
If you'd like to provide feedback directly to our Product Team on this, please do so here.