There are three different ways that a customer can buy gift cards from your store:
1. Either logged in or logged out, customers can scroll down to the end of any of your pages and click on Buy a gift card. This is provided you have added this to your footer menu, if not, see point 3 below.
2. When customers are logged out, they can navigate to the catalog, access a video, and when choosing a subscription or plan, they will have the option of buying a gift by selecting Buy as a Gift.
3. If you have customized your storefront and didn't add a gift card option, your customers can access the gift card page by appending /gift_cards/new to your storefront URL (https://yourstorefrontURL/gift_cards/new). Whenever you would like to extend the gift card option to your customers—perhaps before the holidays—you can simply share that link with them.
The buttons will actually redirect customers to the URL provided above. So the URL is simply a direct way of getting to the gift card page. Once customers access the page, two different forms can appear:
If a customer is not logged in, they will see the form asking to enter their email.
NOTE: This is important because the confirmation email will be sent to the email inserted. Customers should insert their email and not the email of the person to whom they want to offer the gift card. The email sent from Uscreen is written for the buyer to confirm the purchase but can be shared later with the one to whom the gift is for.
If the customer is logged in, the email field will not be requested because your site will send the confirmation email to their existing email.
If you have added suggested gift card amounts, then those options will be displayed as possible gift card amounts. Below I added my subscriptions as suggestions because they give access for a certain amount of time; you can also suggest according to how you categorized your content or even bundles. However, the customer can still choose how much they would like to gift by entering a value under the Custom Amount section.
To buy the gift card, the customer will:
1. Access the gift card page and insert their email if not logged in (if logged in, then they'll start on step 2)
2. Choose from one of the suggested amounts or insert a different one by clicking on Custom Amount
3. Add payment info under Billing
4. Click on Buy Gift Card
5. Enter their password if not logged in (if the customer purchasing is new to your store, this step is skipped, and their login info will be sent to their email)
After buying the gift card, customers will be redirected to a confirmation page. They can print the redemption code, copy the code, or wait for the email that will also contain the code and further instructions concerning redemption. Read our help guide to know how to redeem gift cards.