Steps to Set-up Apple Developer Account:
You will need:
-Apple ID Account with Two-factor Authentication
-Apple Device: iPhone/iPad/Mac (borrow one or buy refurbished device)
Account Types: Individual & Organization
- Apple requires you to enroll based on the type of business you own.
- Use your Business Registration to help determine how to enroll.
- Enrolling in the wrong Account Type will delay your apps.
>Sole Proprietorship, Single-Person Company: Enroll as INDIVIDUAL
>Corporation; Partnership; Limited Liability Company: Enroll as ORGANIZATION
1: Individual: One Person/One User
- Your name will appear below the app name in the App Store.
- You cannot share Developer Resources with other users.
- You cannot add Members/Users. It's like sharing access to a personal account.
- You'll share your Apple ID Account Login Credentials with Uscreen.
2: Organization: Multiple Users/Team Members
- Your company/brand will appear below the app name in the App Store.
- You can share Developer Resources (allows us to create, upload, publish apps)
- You can add Team Members (ex. Uscreen) by inviting users to join the account.
- Each member uses their own login and limited access to your information.
To enroll as an Organization you need:
-Website: Publicly available; domain name must be related to your company
-Legal Entity Status: To enter into contracts, company must be a legal entity
-Legal Entity Name: Company name must correspond with the Tax ID
-Legal Binding Authority: Person enrolling must have authority to sign agreements
-DUNS Number: Used to check legal entity status; it's easy to apply; details here
Section 1: Enroll in Apple Developer Program
1: Create Account (free): Apple Developer >click Account >Sign-In using Apple ID.
2: Enroll ($99/yr): Click Join Apple Developer Program >Enroll >Start Enrollment.
3: Select Entity Type:
-Individual: Accept Agreement, then Purchase Membership. Enrollment complete.
-Organization: Enter Company Information, then Submit application.
(May be prompted to sign agreement/purchase membership now or after approval.)
4: Wait for Approval: Apple verifies, then sends an email letting you know:
Enrollment is Approved; Additional Information is Needed; Issues Identified.
Section 2: Give Uscreen Access
>App Store Connect >Users & Access >Click Add (+) >Enter information, then Invite.
-Name: Uscreen Apps
-Roles: Admin (all apps)
-Developer Resources: YES
Section 3: Set-Up Payment
***Required if offering an In-App Subscription***
1: Sign Paid Apps Agreement:
-Below Action, click View Terms, then Add.
-Check to accept, then Submit. Status changes to Pending User Information.
-Complete the Action indicated:
2: Add Information: Click Set up Tax, Banking, & Contacts
-Under Accounts, click Add Bank Account.
-Enter bank and account information, then click Add.
-Under Tax Forms, click Complete US Tax Forms. (Everyone must complete this!)
-Check if you or your company are a U.S. Resident or U.S. Corporation or not.
-Additional questions and information needed are based on your response.
You'll add a user for each Role (Management, Financial, Legal, Technical, Marketing). You can add one contact (and use for each role) or multiple contacts.
-Add New Contact: Click Role, enter name, title, email, phone, then Add.
-Choose Existing Contact: Click Role, select user, then Add.
3: When complete, Paid Apps changes to Active.
To proceed with app development, Free & Paid Apps must be green.
-Once Paid Apps Agreement is requested, you must complete the process.
-Tax Forms must be complete for Baking Information to be processed.
-For more information: App Store Connect Help