At Uscreen, we strive to be compliant with all essential laws, especially laws that protect our customers and your users' private information. End users are able to permanently delete their accounts so that the Uscreen platform is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
The GDPR is a law in the European Union that oversees what companies can do with clients' personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA). The CCPA gives California consumers more control over their personal information and what businesses collect about them.
Users can permanently delete their accounts or ask you, as a site Admin, to delete their accounts for them. Whenever a user permanently deletes an account, all of their private information is deleted from Mailchimp, Drip, and your store—including subscriptions, invoices, analytics, etc.. We will disassociate all identifying information and preserve the integrity of as much non-identifying data as as we can - meaning, you will not lose sales history if a user deletes their account, however, you will lose their identifying information (name, email, etc.).
To delete an account, users will have to:
1. Sign in to their account and navigate to the Dashboard
2. Click on the Security tab
3. Below the update password fields, go to Delete account and click on Request deletion of my account
4. Under the warning message, toggle the box next to I confirm I want my account deleted
The warning message contains the following: Deleting your account is irreversible. If you're just looking to cancel a subscription you can do so under the Billing section. Data can not be recovered once your account is deleted.
5. Click on Delete Account
Once the account is deleted, both you (and all Admins of your site) and the user will get an email notifying you of the deletion. The user's data will be officially deleted from your store. All of the invoices paid by that user will have the name Deleted User and a number.
If the user asks you to delete their account, you can do that from your end. To delete their account:
1. Navigate to the People tab on the left sidebar
2. Find the user you need to delete and click Edit
3. Click on General Info
4. Locate the Delete Customer section and click on the Delete Customer button
5. Confirm the deletion by once again clicking on the Delete Customer button on the popup