How will users access content in your apps?
If your content requires Paid Access, an All-Access Subscription is recommended.
- Uscreen Website: You can offer different types of purchases such as Bundles, Rentals; One-Time Purchases; Multiple Subscriptions. You can choose a payment method and use Coupons and Gift Cards.
- Uscreen Apps: You can offer One Auto-Renewing Monthly Subscription.
- Payment is completed through the app and billed to the User's Apple ID, Google Play, Amazon, or Roku Account. You cannot use Coupons or Gift Cards.
- If you have apps, offering different pricing options (Bundles & Subscriptions) on your website is not recommended.
-Any user can browse and watch free content (if any is available) in the apps.
-Users will have access to content they purchase on the website in the apps.
-Uscreen uses Single Sign-On, so it does not matter where you purchase access.
-You can login on any platform and access content included in your subscription.
Option 1: Sign-In Only
-Use if all of your content is free or all content is included in a Free Bundle.
-Existing users can Login and access content purchased on your website.
-Users will NOT have the option to Sign-Up or Purchase a Subscription.
-Directing users outside the app to sign-up/make a purchase is not permitted.
Option 2: In-App Purchase (IAP)
-Use if paid access is required to access your content.
-If you offer paid content, include all content in a Subscription and use IAP.
-Existing users can Login to their account and access content.
-New Users can Sign-Up/Create Account and Purchase a Subscription in the app.
-You'll share a portion of earnings with the platform distributing the app. (see below)
**iOS ONLY: Any Paid Content = In-App Purchase
- Apple will NOT Approve apps that require paid access, but do not use the In-App Purchase. (App Store Guideline 3.1.1 In-App Purchase)
- If you want iOS approved and available in the App Store, you must give users the option to purchase access in your app, as well as your website.
- If you offer access through Subscriptions, Bundles, One-Time Purchases on your site, include content in All-Access Subscription and offer In-App Purchase.
- Your other apps can be Sign-In Only, if you'd like.
Set-Up In-App Purchase:
1: Finalize In-App Subscription Duration/Price/Trial:
-Choose Duration: Android; iOS: Monthly or Yearly; TV Apps: Monthly Only
-Set the price and trial you'll be happy with 4-6 months later.
-In-App Subscription is part of the app and cannot be changed in the Dashboard.
-Making changes will significantly delay your apps being published.
2: Add Website Subscription with the same Duration/Price/Trial:
-In-App Purchase is linked to a Website Subscription for granting access & invoices.
-Add a Subscription in your Dashboard that can be used for the In-App Subscription.
-The subscription can be Private or Public.
-You will NOT be able to make any changes to the subscription linked to the apps.
-To easily change website subscriptions, add a private subscription for the apps.
3: Changing an In-App Purchase (IAP):
-After an app is published, changing the IAP isn't recommended.
-Adding or Removing an IAP or Free Trial requires an App Update.
-You can request an Update four times/year (rebuild, then resubmit for review).
- Revenue Share is required by each platform: Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku.
- It's like a Service Fee you pay to to distribute your app.
- You'll share part of all earnings from subscriptions purchased in the app.
- In-App Subscriptions & Payments are managed by the platform, not Uscreen.
- You'll be paid directly by Apple, Google, Amazon, & Roku.